Tuesday, January 14, 2014

My Most Difficult Decision

Blog #1

Perhaps the first big decision in a teen’s life is which high school to go to. I graduated at a small private school that only went up to middle school. With a class size of 13 students, it is needless to say I got close to them over the years. Many of them are my closest friends to this day. So since we were all close and such great friends we came up with a plan. What if we all went to the same high school together! So as the hunt for high school begun we came across Gahanna Christian Academy. This school was very similar to the school we were about to graduate from, so we thought let’s give it a look. We all soon tested and were accepted to the school (well the 8 of us who applied). So this was my big decision and I chose to go to this high school. It also meet all my wants for sports soccer, basketball, and baseball the three sports I play.  

Now it is my sophomore year in high school and yet again I am faced with a tough decision. My guidance counselor asks if I am interested in a career center school. I just looked at her with the most puzzled and confused look I could give. I was so confused, was she asking me nicely to leave the school? The only thing I could think of was “Oh gosh, what did I do wrong!” After seeing me confused she quickly explained it is a school to go to that lets students in their junior and senior years focus on a specific career. She also explained that I could still graduate from my home school, Gahanna Christian Academy, with all my friends. I was so surprised and shocked, the opportunity I have been looking for, just walked up to me. I was quick to ask if they had teaching. She confirmed there was a program for teaching and gave me information about it. I soon made up my mind to apply for the school.


Now that I am here at Gahanna Lincoln High School, I love it and it was one of the best decisions I have made so far in my life. I have made many new friends and have had many great experiences. It was hard at first because it was a new school, and with none of my friends like last time. I soon made friends and school became more fun to me. I have learned so much in the past two years I have been a part of this school and my teaching program. I can say, I am proud of my decision that I made for myself.

1 comment:

  1. What a great story! I love that your first reaction to your guidance counselor was that you thought she wanted you to leave. Very funny. So glad you made the right choice.

    ReplyDelete