Monday, January 27, 2014

Blog #2

Blog #2


     I am on page 195. Katniss is the main character in the story, and book is told from her point of view. Katniss lives in district 12, said to be the worst living conditions of the 12 districts. She has taken on the role as the main provider for her family. Her dad died when she was about 13 years old, from then she has done everything to help keep her family alive. She would break the law and leave the district in order to go hunt in the woods. There was a hole in the fence that she could slip through. Katniss used this time as like an escape from all the bad that was happening at home. She still stuck to business, and hunted animals to trade back in town. This was what she knew what to do; this was her way of providing for the family. It worked well because she did this for some number of years. The setting of the bad town and harsh life all sets up the main story. It gives us readers a hope that things will get better for Katniss. In the story it just gets worse and worse, when she is called upon for her district to fight to the death. In doing this Katniss is challenged and the odds are against her. With her skills and determination she pulls through and is able to make things better in her life. I am enjoying this book a lot more than I thought I would when I first started it. I think this style of book is the one that I like the most and can keep my attention. Since I have seen the movie I think the book is going to end similar to the movie, and the rest of the book. I believe it will end with a huge cliff hanger, leaving readers wanting to know more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment