Thursday, April 10, 2014

Blog #2

“The greatest gift an author can have is a tortured childhood.” For my book, Me Talk Pretty One Day this memoir has its up and downs. The author uses short stories to retell experiences he has had, some are good memories and others are bad. So I would say that it depends on which story, and when it reflects his tortured childhood. For example, one of his first struggles in life was when he was very young and in elementary school. He had a lisp and was not able to say “S” words right, the teacher did not like this and some students laughed at him. At first he was sad and negative towards his problem, but after working with a speech therapist he was able to control his problem. He would just find ways around those pesky “S” words. He became skilled at doing so that people forgot or didn’t know he even had a lisp. I would say the book is very interesting and it is a good read, because it is short stories. The chapters aren’t that lengthy and we get to read many different stories throughout the whole story. Honesty I have no clue how this memoir will end, because I don’t know which short story he will use!

No comments:

Post a Comment