Friday, April 4, 2014

Blog #1

If I was to write a memoir about myself the one story that would have to be in it would be the time I chose a high school. In my eighth grade year at my middle school there was no high school after that. So I was faced with a tough decision of where I want to go next, I guess it felt like I do now that I’m thinking of which college I want to attend next fall. I have heard that which college you choose is one of the biggest decisions a young adult can make for themselves, and that no one else should tell you where to go. I looked at a few schools and it really came down to one decision. The question I needed to answer was, do I want to go to a private school or a big public school with no friends. In my class of 13 in middle school I was already used to small private schools, so I chose to go to a private school still. Eight students in my graduating class went to the school Gahanna Christian Academy. Now that I knew I would for sure have friends in my next step in life I was sold on this school. I quickly came to realize the school was small enough and I was good enough that I would be able to play the three varsity sports I wanted to play. Those three sports are Soccer, Basketball, and Baseball. After I made it a done deal that I was going to school there, I had to wait till the first day of school. I admit I was very unsure of what to expect from the school, but I am very happy that I made this choice. I have really enjoyed my past four years at that school and it has helped me build friendships that will last a lifetime and my relationship with God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment