Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Blog #1

       I am on page 50 in my book Nineteen Minutes. This book so far has been okay. This is because I don’t think I have fully got into the book yet. I do believe I will grow to like this book. Two literary devices that are used early in the book is point of view and internal/external conflict. There is one early chapter that gave detailed information of an officer going into the school while the shooter was letting loose. Before he even goes in his orders is to wait for the SWAT team to arrive. He couldn't just stand there and wait any longer. He decides to tell the superior that was on scene for the time that he was going in now and he didn't care the outcome. He was soon after followed by two more officers who felt the same way. The use of these literary devices enhanced the chapter and I was able to get a clear picture in my head of what might have happened.  The point of view does change between people in the book. This impacts the book in a good way because it lets the readers get insight on a lot of different characters and their feelings and thoughts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment